11.23.2004

batgirl.

August 1995
Punta Domenical, Costa Rica.

It was during the rainy season and our bungalow was the only one inhabited. It was a short walk to the main house, an open air room where my friends were waiting for me for dinner. Dark out except for the faint lights ahead, a single light on the footpath, and the moon on the sea mere feet away. As I walked everything faded to black around me except for an odd noise like stirring leaves. I slowed to hold my hands out, continuing to move. I could just barely make out what was there realizing that I was surrounded by hundreds of bats.

Like a womb, the bats continued to fly around me as I stepped forward, but never once did they touch me. As I arrived at the main house they all swept away into the sky.

It felt wonderful and safe like floating in a hot tub.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home