11.19.2004

wigstalk

Being a private citizen et al, I had forgotten that having a semi-public face brings along with it the advent of the stalker. My friend Patrick and I apparently share one as he appeared at my front door yesterday in search of a me from 20 years ago that was blond and public, and according to him, I was also blue eyed and Russian. Poor man has no understanding of women, much less hair dye and hair pieces, lest he were to realize that it was indeed me that he had tracked down. I let him leave thinking that he had found the wrong Sally, thus insuring my privacy once again.

Now Patrick has a whole other issue. He never wore a wig.

[Though I did dare him to wear one to his book signing tonight so that we could re-create the famous wig stealing episode from Andy Warhol's book signing back in the 80s! Oh how quickly we forget! I believe it is still hidden away in someone's vault in Tribeca to this day.]


2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

A mirkin. Isn't that also a type of wig?

7:10 PM  
Blogger yoyobunny said...

A small and very particular variety of wig. Not however the favored wig used by A. Warhol. As far as I know.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home