2.16.2005

.................lava

got the travel bug.

Costa Rica 1995. Arenal.
I'm particularly fond of volcanos. When appropriate, I've been known to travel very far away to find one, preferably active, preferably a lesser known one so that it is more of an adventure to go there. Arenal is one of my favorites. It spews lava all day long. Small spurts, bursting upward, with puffs of black smoke between expulsions. Favorite volcano photo ever taken. Below.




ps. en route to see another one in a week or two. hopefully with enough activity that I can top my own photographic handiwork.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

I so wanted to write a comment that read "Someone farted!" but that would have been very, very childish and immature.

11:14 AM  
Blogger yoyobunny said...

though not entirely unexpected!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home